Happy new year everyone! This is my first post of 2017 and I want to start off with some new years resolutions for the blog as well as this casual burgundy cardigan outfit!
This is actually my first year writing blog resolutions. After blogging for over two years now, I feel like it’s time to set some goals and measure myself against them. This little blog of mine is a fun (and sometimes tough) side project, but I know there are a lot of improvements to be made. Here’s what I’m planning for 2017:
- More casual outfit posts: Most of my blog photos are taken on the weekends since the sun is already down when I get home from work. Naturally, most of these weekend outfits are a little dressier. However, based on my analytics, my casual outfits get more traffic. This makes sense since most of us dress casually on a regular basis, right? I’ll do my best to show what I wear to work, even if I have to re-wear those outfits on the weekends to photograph them. 😉
- Create a hair curling tutorial: Surprisingly, one of the questions I get asked most is how I curl my hair. I promise I’ll finally put together a step-by-step guide on how to do this. It’s easy, you’ll see!
- Write beauty product reviews: I was previously not into skincare or beauty products, but as I’m getting older, I think it’s becoming more important to practice a good skincare regimen. I’ve been offered to try out many beauty products but always declined since I wasn’t sure if I was knowledgeable enough to provide constructive reviews. However, a lot of women might be in the same boat as me so I think it’ll be interesting to get a perspective from a non-beauty guru!
- Put together an About Me page: I know, it’s been over two years and I’ve been majorly slacking on this. Writing is clearly not my strong suit but I’ll definitely dedicate some time to this. Hopefully I can find some interesting things to share about myself. 🙂
- Increase blog traffic: This means being better at SEO, diligently sharing my posts on social media, and gaining more followers on those social media channels (I’m terrible with Pinterest and Facebook)!
- Implement site improvements: In 2016, I migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted site on WordPress. My website isn’t exactly what I want it to be yet. I want to update my logo, make it easier for you to find/search older content, and other minor changes like a “Back To Top” button.
If there’s anything you want to see more or less of, please let me know! Your feedback is so important to me!
So a little about this burgundy cardigan outfit. Every item I’m wearing here is under $100. I scored my burgundy cardigan from Forever 21 for only $10 while doing some holiday shopping (woot woot)! Unfortunately, the only similar burgundy cardigan I can find is from Vince and it’s 50x the price of mine. However, I did some more research and found similar and affordable cardigan styles that come in neutral colors (but not burgundy) like here and here. These long-line open cardigans are perfect for fall and winter year after year!
I don’t know what it is but leopard print always goes so well with burgundy or red. Playing with some patterns, I also added stripes to this casual outfit and love how it all turned out! Did you also notice that this burgundy cardigan outfit is a step towards resolution #1? #progress hehe